Coundon Primary School
A recent DCSF survey identified cleaning services as the second largest area of spend for most schools, after permanent and supply staff.
Many schools are now focusing on cleaning as a budget area where there may be significant potential to save money through better procurement.
Coundon Primary School, as members of SJ Solutions, asked us to help them procure a new cleaning provider and contract.
- SJ Solutions met & interviewed a number of local cleaning companies obtaining references before inviting them to tender for the contract
- We held meetings alongside the school with each company to ascertain what the school wanted from their new contract and what their current concerns were
- We made sure all TUPE regulations were met for staff with each cleaning company as it was essential these regulations were met
- SJ Solutions pulled together all the tenders and presented them to the school in a format suitable for their board of governors
- Overall saving for the school was over £3k per annum
SJ Solutions brought in three very good cleaning contractors who each provided quotations to clean our school. I found them to be very professional, helpful and proactive in ensuring the impact on myself and staff in school was minimal so not only saving us time but money in changing the contract. Every effort was made to ensure it is a smooth changeover to the new contract and we are very happy with the overall saving of £3k per annum
School Business Manager